Financial Modeling and Valuation: A Practical Guide to Investment Banking and Private Equity
Extreame Savings Item! Save 41% on the Financial Modeling and Valuation: A Practical Guide to Investment Banking and Private Equity by Brand: Wiley at HYIP Offer. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Written by the Founder and CEO of the prestigious New York School of Finance, this book schools you in the fundamental tools for accurately assessing
Written by the Founder and CEO of the prestigious New York School of Finance, this book schools you in the fundamental tools for accurately assessing the soundness of a stock investment. Built around a full-length case study of Wal-Mart, it shows you how to perform an in-depth analysis of that company's financial standing, walking you through all the steps of developing a sophisticated financial model as done by professional Wall Street analysts. You will construct a full scale financial model and valuation step-by-step as you page through the book.
When we ran this analysis in January of 2012, we estimated the stock was undervalued. Since the first run of the analysis, the stock has increased 35 percent. Re-evaluating Wal-Mart 9months later, we will step through the techniques utilized by Wall Street analysts to build models on and properly value business entities.
- Step-by-step financial modeling - taught using downloadable Wall Street models, you will construct the model step by step as you page through the book.
- Hot keys and explicit Excel instructions aid even the novice excel modeler.
- Model built complete with Income Statement, Cash Flow Statement, Balance Sheet, Balance Sheet Balancing Techniques, Depreciation Schedule (complete with accelerating depreciation and deferring taxes), working capital schedule, debt schedule, handling circular references, and automatic debt pay downs.
- Illustrative concepts including detailing model flows help aid in conceptual understanding.
- Concepts are reiterated and honed, perfect for a novice yet detailed enough for a professional.
- Model built direct from Wal-Mart public filings, searching through notes, performing research, and illustrating techniques to formulate projections.
- Includes in-depth coverage of valuation techniques commonly used by Wall Street professionals.
- Illustrative comparable company analyses - built the right way, direct from historical financials, calculating LTM (Last Twelve Month) data, calendarization, and properly smoothing EBITDA and Net Income.
- Precedent transactions analysis - detailing how to extract proper metrics from relevant proxy statements
- Discounted cash flow analysis - simplifying and illustrating how a DCF is utilized, how unlevered free cash flow is derived, and the meaning of weighted average cost of capital (WACC)
- Step-by-step we will come up with a valuation on Wal-Mart
- Chapter end questions, practice models, additional case studies and common interview questions (found in the companion website) help solidify the techniques honed in the book; ideal for universities or business students looking to break into the investment banking field.
|Item Weight:||1.5 pounds|
|Item Size:||1.43 x 9.3 x 9.3 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.1 pounds|
|Package Size:||6 x 1.5 x 1.5 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Brand: Wiley, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
By Rizzoli International Publications
ean: 9780847838028, isbn: 0847838021,
Dior is one of the most revered names in fashion, the archetype of the Parisian couture house. Famous for launching the “New Look,” Christian Dior’s landmark first collection that marked a sea change in women’s dress after the Second World Wa...
mpn: 9780226426846, ean: 9780226426846, isbn: 022642684X,
Few scholars have been as influential in finance and economics as University of Chicago professor Eugene F. Fama. Over the course of a brilliant and productive career, Fama has published more than one hundred papers, filled with diverse, highly innov...
By Brand: J Ross Pub
mpn: 9781932159189, ean: 9781932159189, isbn: 1932159185,
'Distressed Debt Analysis' is an essential reference for anyone involved in the valuation, bankruptcy, or restructuring of US-domiciled businesses....
ean: 9780134472089, isbn: 013447208X,
For courses in business, economics, and financial engineering and mathematics. The definitive guide to derivatives markets, updated with contemporary examples and discussions Known as “the bible” to business and economics professionals and a...
By Adam Grimes
ean: 9781118115121, isbn: 1118115120,
A breakthrough trading book that provides powerful insights on profitable technical patterns and strategies The Art and Science of Technical Analysis is a groundbreaking work that bridges the gaps between the academic view of markets, technical analy...
By Brand: McGraw-Hill/Irwin
ean: 9780077861674, isbn: 0077861671,
The integrated solutions for Bodie, Kane, and Marcus' Investments set the standard for graduate/MBA investments textbooks. The unifying theme is that security markets are nearly efficient, meaning that most securities are priced appropriately given ...
ean: 9780691160801, isbn: 0691160805,
From the field's leading authority, the most authoritative and comprehensive advanced-level textbook on asset pricingIn Financial Decisions and Markets, John Campbell, one of the fields most respected authorities, provides a broad graduate-level ove...
ean: 9781118873700, isbn: 111887370X,
McKinsey & Company's #1 best-selling guide to corporate valuation, now in its sixth editionValuation is the single best guide of its kind, helping financial professionals worldwide excel at measuring, managing, and maximizing shareholder and company...